Walsall FC have an opportunity for an individual to join the leadership team of it’s Academy as the Lead Foundation Phase Coach.
This is a management position overseeing all operations of the Foundation phase at Walsall FC Academy (U8 to U12). The Lead Foundation phase coach is responsible for shaping the future direction of the foundation phase staff and players. This person must have a modern approach to development and be forward thinking in their long-term strategy for the Academy. This role requires someone with a clear passion for the long-term development of young talented football players, creating a pathway into the first team at Walsall FC.
Due to the nature of the Academy, this role includes working weekends and evenings.
Main roles and responsibilities –
· Manage the Academy programme and oversee the day to day running of the Foundation phase
· Manage all Foundation phase staff.
· Oversee the Academy coaching programme from U8 to U12.
· Ensuring the Academy is continually achieving the levels required to retain its category status within the EPPP guidelines.
· Implementing and maintaining the Premier League’s ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Academy Talent Identification and Recruitment department.
· Multi-disciplinary communication to ensure the recruitment strategy is aligned with the specific requirements of each Academy department.
· The organisation, management and delivery of the Club’s Health and Safety and Safeguarding policies and procedures
· Work closely with all staff and players and parents.
Essential qualifications –
· UEFA A Licence (Desirable)
· UEFA B Licence (Essential)
· FA Youth Award
· FA Advanced Youth Award
· FA Safeguarding qualification
· FA First Aid qualification
· Previous experience of Management within an elite sports environment (Desirable)
· A comprehensive understanding of the EPPP
· FA Coach Education qualification (Advantageous)
· Enhanced DBS clearance
· An FA Talent Identification qualification. (Desirable)
· Clean driving licence
Desirable attributes –
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Some experience with the Premier League PMA system
· A good understanding of coaching and coach development
· Experience in talent identification and recruitment of players
· An understanding of sports science and medicine
· A good level of computer literacy and experience recording and reporting information
· Experience dealing with minors
· An understanding of the Football League rules and regulations.
· A forward thinking individual with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
· Computer literate.
BAME Declaration The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA ‘A’ or UEFA ‘B’ Licence.
Do you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions?
• Black • Asian • Other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’)
* YES / NO (please indicate on your application)
Salary: Competitive salary based on relevant experience.