Walsall Football Club are offering an opportunity for an individual to join our Academy Staff as Head of Academy Goalkeeping.
The position is for 100 hours per month.
UEFA B Licence and UEFA GK B Licence
FA Youth Award
FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
FA Safeguarding Children
FA DBS Enhanced Check
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop an age appropriate syllabus across each phase.
- Deliver and review age specific syllabus to players across each phase.
- Completing online and electronic reviewing and assessments of players and sessions using PMA System.
- Communicating effectively with all team members and reporting back to the Lead Phase Coach.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent coaching and ensure players graduating to the Professional Development Phase do so with a high degree of technical and tactical ability.
- Support ongoing development of clear pathway for Goalkeepers.
- Work closely with First Team Goalkeeper Coach to support vertical integration.
- Complete all administration in an accurate and timely manner.
- To attend all meetings as required by the Club, which could be Coaches Meetings, Phase Meetings and Meetings with Players and Parents.
- Be abide by and promote sound ethics and Club Policy, Child Protection, Fair Play and Equal Opportunities at all times.
- Be aware of the Club’s Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Emergency Procedures.
- Ensure all sessions and games are delivered within a safe environment.
- To assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
- Attend Club and External CPD Sessions to continue developing as a Coach.
- Plan and deliver CPD as required.
- Actively recruit and support additional Goalkeeping Coaches and Volunteers.
- Be aware of and follow procedures for reporting accidents.
- Ensure you are aware of any specific medical conditions of players within your group.
- Set high standards of professionalism and demonstrate a high standard of conduct, thus providing a good role model for all coaches.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA ‘A’ or UEFA ‘B’ Licence.
Do you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions?
• Other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’)
* YES / NO (please indicate on your application)
How to apply:
Walsall Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this role is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.