Walsall Football Club are looking for a dedicated individual to join our Groundstaff team located at Banks’s Stadium and our Essington Training Ground.
The successful applicant will support the Head Groundsperson in maintaining the Banks’s Stadium pitch and the surfaces and surrounding landscape at the Training Ground as well as undertaking essential maintenance checks to key machinery.
- Ensuring pitches are maintained to a high standard and ready for use when required
- Maintaining surrounding landscapes such as driveways, car parks, verges and borders
- Applying fertiliser and spraying of all surfaces
- Maintaining equipment and machinery
- General grounds maintenance
- Work in a health and safety conscious manner, whilst ensuring all machinery is kept in a safe and secure position
- Reports to the Head Groundsperson
- NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Maintenance
- To have achieved or be currently working towards NVQ Level 3 Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Horticulture
- NTPC PA1, PA2, PA6 Spraying Certificates or working towards is essential
- Experience of working in a sporting environment is essential
- Ability to work in a team and under your own initiative
- A full driving licence is essential
- Take pride in your work and achievements
The successful candidate will need to work flexibly around matchdays, evenings, bank holidays and weekends.
Applicants be aware that an application for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check (CRC) is required as part of the recruitment process.
Any interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV’s and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th July 2021.