Walsall Football Club are offering an opportunity for an individual to join our Academy as Professional Development Phase Coach.
Competitive - Dependent on experience
6th August 2021
UEFA ‘A’ Licence
FA Advanced Youth Award
FA EFAiF (Formerly known as BFAS)
FA Safeguarding Children
FA DBS Enhanced Check
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide an Academy progress report on the 17/18 squad to the Academy Management Team on a monthly basis and other written documents and presentations as requested.
- To abide by and promote sound ethics and club policy, fair play and equal opportunities at all times.
- To produce coaching session plans and evaluations in conjunction with the Academy philosophy.
- Be aware of the club’s Safeguarding policies, Health and Safety policy and Emergency procedures and take responsibility for Health and Safety aspects during training/games.
- To attend any meetings with fellow coaches, scouts, parents and children where appropriate.
- To assume responsibility for care of materials, equipment and facilities.
- To contribute towards the Club’s Academy Performance Plan (APP).
- To develop your own skills by attending CPD coach education courses and any in-service training that is organised by the club.
- Must be punctual at all times.
- Be aware of and follow the procedures for recording accidents.
- To set high standards of professionalism and demonstrate a high standard of conduct, thus providing a good role model for young coaches.
- To discuss the transition of PDP players.
- To liaise with the Academy Manager, Lead YDP Coach and Head of Coaching on player transitions from YDP
- To attend all monthly Academy management meetings with a progress report on the U18 Squad.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the new coaching curriculum in the Professional Development Phase that have clear multidisciplinary learning objectives.
- To complete staff appraisals as required to provide focus and direction for continued improvement of staff.
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and motivational skills
- Time management
- Forward planning
- Observation and analytic skills
- To utilise appropriate equipment and adapt if necessary
- Evaluation skills
- To plan and implement structured coaching sessions
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA ‘A’ or UEFA ‘B’ Licence.
Do you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions?
• Other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’)
* YES / NO (please indicate on your application)
Walsall Football Club are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this role is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.