A vacancy has become available in our Academy. Details below:
Job Description and Person Specification
Position : Academy Minibus Driver
Responsible To : Academy Manager / Academy Secretary
Type of Contract : Casual Worker Agreement
To safely drive Academy Apprentices or Schoolboys to Football matches, primarily for weekend games and occasional midweek matches. Walsall FC Academy have a pool of drivers which share duties, therefore will not be required every weekend.
Drive Walsall Football Club minibus, transporting Academy and Reserve players to matches.
Summary of Duties:
- Meet at agreed location to pick up Club Minibus Keys.
- Carry out standard/basic Minibus safety checks.
- Pick up and transport players to and from the match venue.
- Be responsible for security of Minibus while in use.
- Fuel up Minibus when necessary using Club Fuel Card.
- Return Minibus to agreed location and return keys to relevant secure place.
- Minimum 25 years of age.
- Clean, full driving licence, that permits driving of Minibuses (D1).
- No insurance claims within the last 5 years.
- Flexibility of availability.
- Be prepared to work weekends and occasionally on weekdays.
- Previous experience of driving Minibuses.
- Knowledge of motor vehicles and basic vehicle maintenance.
- Previous experience of working with young people.
This role will require the successful candidates to have an Enhanced DBS Check.
Hourly Rate will be discussed at the Interview Stage.
Closing Date: 31st March 2021 (Candidates which fill criteria will be contacted earlier for an interview).