Walsall Football Club is looking to recruit a casual Academy Goalkeeper Coach to work with goalkeepers within the schoolboy phase.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivering of age specific syllabus to players in their charge.
- Completing online and electronic reviewing and assessments of players and sessions.
- Communicating effectively with all team members and reporting back to the Lead Phase Coach.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent coaching.
- Have experience of working with the PMA System, ensuring all player records, session planning and administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- Proven coaching experience.
- An ability to differentiate tasks based on ability and key stages of player/child development.
- An approachable manner towards young people.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Willing to work flexible and unsociable hours including evenings and weekends.
Essential Qualities and Qualifications:
- UEFA B Licence
- UEFA B Licence Goalkeeping
- Hold a current FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (previously known as FA Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) certificate)
- FA Youth Award (Modules 1, 2 and 3)
- Member of FA Licenced Coaches Club (current and up to date including CPD hours) and Attributes
We require the successful candidate to work with both of our Under 18’s during the day and in the evenings with our Under 9 to Under 16 goalkeepers and Sunday home matchdays.
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at the appropriate level.
Walsall FC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.
The EFL has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA ‘A’ or UEFA ‘B’ Licence.
Do you consider your ethnicity to fall within one of the following definitions?
- Other Minority Ethnic (i.e. from any other ethnic group that is not ‘White British’)
* YES / NO (please indicate on your application)