Walsall Football Club are monitoring the development of the current Coronavirus outbreak - COVID-19.
UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public of COVID-19 from low to moderate and, as a result, we are now taking positive steps to reduce any risk to our staff and supporters as well as those visiting the Banks’s Stadium for functions and conferences.
Hand sanitisers will be added to entrances at the Banks’s Stadium and our Essington Training Ground. The NHS have also issued some guidance which we aim to follow and will also ensure posters are in appropriate places throughout the Stadium and Training Ground:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
There is currently no affect to football fixtures or functions and the club will continue to take guidance from the EFL, Football Association, UK Government and World Health Organization. We will update supporters with any further developments.
Finally, we have also requested that players and staff avoid shaking hands where possible, replacing this welcoming gesture with a smile and acknowledgement. Supporters should be aware of this when attempting to interact with our players and staff. Please understand that we are taking these measures, along with reducing the general interaction if deemed appropriate, for the foreseeable future.
For further information please visit: