Job Title: Part-Time Academy Physiotherapist / Sports Therapist
Organisation: Walsall Football Club
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Hours of work: 2 evenings a week and every Sunday
Closing date: 9th March 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the medical department of Walsall Academy Football Club to gain valuable experience of working with footballers in an elite sporting environment. Working two evenings a week and Sunday mornings, the successful candidate will diagnose, treat and manage the rehabilitation process of injured academy football players; also showing adaptability throughout the age groups of Under 9’s to Under 16’s.
Furthermore, the successful candidate will provide first aid cover for all academy home games as well as have the opportunities to be involved with the Under 18’s and Development Squad (Under 23’s) with training and matches.
The normal place of work is at the Walsall Football Club, Banks’s Stadium, Bescot Crescent, Walsall, WS1 4SA.
We are looking for pro-active individuals with a keen interest of working in sport, who are up to date with current literature; understand their scope of practice and who seek to develop their practical, holistic skills. As part of this ever learning and developing environment, there will be opportunities for internal CPD, shadowing and clinical practice feedback; meaning that this job is ideal for a candidate who wants to strive to both challenge and develop themselves to become a sports practitioner.
- Completed BSc in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or a relevant degree.
- Be registered with the CSP and HCPC (Physiotherapists).
- Have an in-date qualification/certificate of the FA level 4 intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMiF). Formerly known as the FA Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS). Or another pitch side first aid qualification that is recognised by the FA.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have a keen interest to work in a sporting environment.
- Be able to work well within a team made up of sports scientists, strength and conditioning coaches, football coaches and other medical practitioners.
- Reliable and committed to working unsociable hours.
- Previous experience of working within a sporting environment.
- Have an understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan.
- Knowledge of football specific software (PMA or Benchmark 54) in the keeping and management of players’ medical records and rehab notes.
- Knowledge and/or interest into developing a multidisciplinary approach to a medical department within a football club (sports science, strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, sports psychology).
- FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To lead the treatment and rehabilitation programmes for Academy players of all phases two evenings a week.
- Provide pitch side first aid cover for all academy home games every Sunday.
- Maintain high quality notes on PMA (Academy’s medical notes system).
- To work closely with the other medical staff, Academy Manager and coaches to keep them fully informed on the treatments, rehabilitation programmes and fitness of players.
- To analyse and review the treatment and management of injury programmes on a regular basis in order to meet specific player and squad needs.
- Attend Coaching Staff Meetings as scheduled.
Walsall Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a DBS disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of ALL cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, whether “spent” or “unspent”. Criminal convictions will only be taken into account when they are relevant to the post.
Subject to DBS (CRB).
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org