An exciting opportunity to join the club's medical team...
Job Title: Casual Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist
Organisation: Walsall FC Academy
Salary: Hourly rate
An opportunity has arisen within the medical department of Walsall Football Club Academy to gain valuable experience of working with footballers in an elite sporting environment.
Working evenings and Sunday mornings as required, the successful candidate will diagnose, treat and manage the rehabilitation process of injured players, in addition to providing first aid cover for academy home games.
The normal place of work is at the Walsall FC, Banks’s Stadium. The successful candidate will need to show a keen interest of working in sport, be up-to-date with current literature, understand their scope of practice and seek to develop their skills.
There will be opportunities for internal CPD, shadowing and clinical practice feedback, meaning this job is perfect for a candidate to develop their autonomy, communication and clinical skills in a paediatric sport setting.
- BSc Hons Physiotherapy, or Sports Therapy degree
- CSP/HCPC registered
- THE FA LEVEL 4 INTERMEDIATE TRAUMA MEDICAL MANAGEMENT IN FOOTBALL (ITMMIF)
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide pitchside first aid cover for academy home games on Sunday
- Provide treatment and rehabilitation for Academy players during evening injury clinics.
- Maintain high quality notes on PMA (medical notes system)
- To work closely with the other medical staff, Academy Manager and coaches to keep them fully informed on the treatments, rehabilitation programs and fitness of players.
Walsall FC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.
Successful candidates will be subjected to a CRB/DBS check.
To apply, send your CV along with covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the above requirements of the post to Jacob Eyres, Head of Academy Sports Science Medicine, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is 30th November 2018.