Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Walsall Football Club Supporters Working Party Meeting - 5th March 2018

9 March 2018

Held at the Banks’s Stadium, Monday 5thMarch 2018

 

Present:

Stefan Gamble (SG) and Daniel Mole (DM) – Walsall Football Club

Trevor Reece (TR) and Dean Neville (DN) – Walsall Football Supporters Trust

 

Apologies:

Steve Davies (SD) – Walsall Football Supporters Trust and

Colin Bromley (CB) – Walsall Supporters Club

 

Notetaker:

Nick Adshead (NA) – Walsall Football Club

 

1. Points still to action from last meeting

DM confirmed that information regarding the baby changing facilities at the stadium is now on the website and was printed in the Blackburn Rovers programme and will be printed again in the Rochdale programme. 

Bricks for the memorial wall will be ordered in the next batch in June/July. SD had forwarded additional players that need to be added. Granville Palin, Willie Penman, Geoff Morris, Albert McPherson and Roger Hynd. NA to liaise with SD on this and pass information to Diane Williams.

 DM confirmed that Dan Clarke has now populated the empty advertising boards around the Stadium.

 

2. Update from Walsall FC Supporters Club

It was noted that Colin Bromley was unable to attend due to personal reasons. 

No update received from Walsall FC Supporters Club

 

3. Update from Walsall Supporters Trust

TR confirmed that the next Board Meeting of the Supporters Trust takes place this evening at the Saddlers Club. Six of the eight Board Members will be in attendance.

TR and DN referred to the statement released last week by the club on the move from Fellows Park to Bescot Stadium and thanked the club for pulling the information together.

TR referred to the rules regarding Pension Funds selling their assets and will email across to the club for information purposes.

It was noted that there is a meeting of fans taking place on 8th March organised by Olly Beckett. 

SG referred to the open invitation to other members of the Supporters Trust Board to join these Supporter Working Party meetings extended at the last meeting. TR confirmed that SD will be at most of the meetings when work allows and other members will be rotated. SG and DM both said they would be happy to meet with more than two members of the Supporters Trust Board each time.

 

Disabled Supporters Association

It was noted that the last meeting took place on the evening following the last working party. Thanks to Darren Anslow for his work on helping raise the profile. It was agreed that once it’s up and running, an invite to this meeting should be extended to a representative of the DSA.

DM asked NA to ask Laura Greenhouse, the Club’s Disabled Liaison Officer, to extend this invite to them.

 

Club Website

DM confirmed the link to the Supporters Trust website is now back on the website under the “who’s who” section.

 

Trust FC

It was noted that no games have been played since the last meeting.

 

Former Players Day

Former Players Day on 14th April at the AFC Wimbledon game. No numbers advised at this stage.

 

End of Season Dinner

DM and SG confirmed that an End of Season Dinner is planned. WFC Commercial Manager Wayne Thomas will confirm all of the details in due course once the event is finalised.

 

West Midlands Police Supporters Group

DM confirmed Dan Clarke, the Club’s Supporter Liaison Officer, will be representing the Club at these meetings alongside SD going forward.

 

Matty Fryatt

Following the last meeting Matty Fryatt confirmed his retirement. The Club has kept in touch and had discussions as to whether he will still be occasionally involved with the Club’s Academy.

 

Goalkeeper Coach

Steve Hale has been appointed as the Club’s new Goalkeeper Coach.

 

4. Trust and Club Joint Activities

It was confirmed that kits sent Walsall FC Sierra Leone has now arrived and been well received. The Academy publicised this from their twitter account and there was also an article in the Express and Star.

 

5. Other Business

DM and SG confirmed the Early Bird ticket sales have been positive so far and the scheme has been well received and noted that while it is still early days the Club are optimistic for the remainder of the campaign.

DM asked DN to confirm membership numbers of the Supporters Trust. DN said he will provide this in due course.

It was noted that Liam Roberts had recently signed a new contract and it was confirmed that contract discussions are ongoing with a number of other players.

 

DATE FOR NEXT MEETING TUESDAY 3RD APRIL 2018 AT 15:00

The meeting closed at 16:10.


Advertisement block