Walsall Football Club is looking to recruit TWO experienced Events Duty Managers to oversee and direct the activities of employees engaged in providing event coordination, food and beverage services, fire regulation compliance and overall client satisfaction during events.
The Events Duty Managers coordinate activities with other departments and supervise events staff. The positions involve the overall management of floor staff and the responsibility for the smooth running of all areas of a busy conference and events department, including but not limited to, meetings, conferences, weddings, private parties, cabaret evenings and Christmas party events.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Conference & Events Operations Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure that meeting and function rooms are set up in a timely manner to the agreed standard as per the function document and clients wishes.
- To understand and deliver clear and concise information regarding all facets of the Events Operations department to all relevant members of the team.
- To clearly brief and inform the team in regard to the specific functions at hand, whilst referencing the function documents and liaising closely with the client or organiser of the specific function.
- To be proactively planning each event, reviewing staffing and equipment needs.
- To directly oversee the actual set up and service of contracted functions by giving specific set up information to the events staff, specific menu details to the servers and by coordinating the timing of the dinner with the kitchen.
- To ensure the stock of china, glass, linen and other inventory are on site ready for use in a timely manner and sufficient to meet the demands of the function.
- To ensure that all the equipment is clean and ready for use and stored appropriately.
- To ensure that all events are delivered in a consistent and creative style assuring attention to detail is achieved at all times.
- To provide and maintain liaison with the client, the AV Company, the set up events team, to ensure the client’s needs are met.
- To meet and greet the host of the function and go over the details of the function with the organiser.
- Maintain constant communication with the host throughout the event and ensure the host’s needs are exceeded.
- To ensure that the food and beverage service is managed to high standards.
- To manage the performance and efficiency of the events team, including giving briefings on event proceedings, timekeeping, performance management, shift reporting, identifying training needs and delivering required training.
- To ensure that vacated rooms are set up as soon as possible for the next function.
- To be professional, smart, well presented, well organised, willing to work within team.
- To be silver service trained and capable of training staff to also silver serve.
- To be flexible, hours to suit functions, involving both daytime and evening work Including Matchdays.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applicants is Friday 19th January 2018.