Press Officer & Multi-Media Editor
Location: Banks’s Stadium, Bescot Crescent, Walsall, WS1 4SA
Application closing date: 9.4.18
Walsall Football Club are looking to recruit a Press Officer & Multi-Media Editor to join our Communications Team.
Working alongside our Club Journalist and Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the football media industry with the confidence and ability to work in front of camera and on the mic as well as provide daily written content across the club’s media platforms.
- Writing and sending out all Official Club Press Releases
- Liaising with media and fielding enquiries
- Updating and maintaining the Official Website – saddlers.co.uk - with daily news stories for all departments of the football club
- Maintaining and updating Social Media Channels with daily content
- Applying for Press Accreditation for the Media Team at away matches via Football Dataco and handling press accreditation for home fixtures
- Edit and provide daily content for iFollow Walsall and YouTube
- A strong understanding of social media and knowledge of video editing software would be a distinct advantage
Monday-Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm based at the Banks’s Stadium plus matchdays. The role involves working every matchday both home and away. Hours for home fixtures are 11.30am – 6.00pm. Away fixtures to suit the role.
Competitive salary awaits the successful candidate.
20 days annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays, access to club pension scheme and mobile phone included in package.
Closing Date: Monday, 9th April. Email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Walsall Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.