Walsall FC is a nationally respected Category 3 Academy and this is a rare opportunity to join the leadership team of this prestigious coaching organisation as the Academy’s Head of Coaching.
- To establish a sustainable system and approach for the development of all coaching staff across the Foundation, Youth and Professional Development phases.
- Design and manage the delivery of the in-service education programme for all age groups
- Provide a clear, up-to-date Training needs analysis (TNA) of every individual coach's current and required level of performance.
- Ensure every coach has a personalised Development Action Plan (DAP) that is tailored to meet their individual needs.
- Develop and implement a Club Specific Coach Competency Framework (CCF) to monitor and evaluate coaches in order to develop DAPs.
- Provide 1:1 coaching, analysis and feedback to coaches in order to further develop the coach’s skill set
- Establish and maintain standard practices and procedures for safe and effective coaching, playing and operation for all Academy squads
- Establish and maintain records for all Academy players
- Undertake assessments of all Academy players with lead phase coaches and recommend players to the Academy Recruitment Forum for retention and release
- To comply with and ensure the compliance of coaching and other Academy staff to Walsall FC’S Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- To work within and uphold all the Academies policies and best practice guidelines, including; Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Recruitment, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Codes of Conduct.
- To attend and play an active role in regular Academy Management staff meetings, reporting on all matters relating to the role of Head of Coaching.
- To maintain appropriate levels of personal CPD as outlined within the EFL Youth Development Rules and as required to retain FA Licensed coach status.
- To ensure that all that all relevant PMA administration is kept up to date for all coaches across the Academy.
- To contribute, adapt and help evolve the current coaching syllabus in co-ordination with the Academy Manager in order to aid the progression of the Academy.
- To be prepared to do any other duties to further the development of the Club and Academy as and when required.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
Have a full clean driving licence
Previous experience of working within the football or related industry
Coaching Education experience
Youth Coaching experience
You must have experience in a senior coaching role in a similar setting and have an up-to-date UEFA A Licence, an FA Youth Award and an FA Advanced Youth Award. You should also be experienced in managing a team of professional staff. Basic First Aid for Sport qualification or an equivalent or higher qualification and Safeguarding certificates, together with a satisfactory DBS check, are also essential.
To express your interest in the role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org F.A.O Graham Biggs Academy Manager Walsall FC