An exciting opportunity to join Walsall Football Club...Walsall Football Club is looking to recruit a self-motivated, committed, confident and knowledgeable individual to join the Football Department in the position of Academy Lead Coach for the Youth Development Phase.
The successful candidate must have a modern forward-thinking approach and clearly demonstrate the following:
• The role of Academy Lead Coach for the Youth Development Phase is fundamental to the long term vision of Walsall FC in helping to identify and develop elite players through the Club's Academy Programme.
• The role includes delivering the Youth Phase Curriculum (U12 to U16) Phase. The successful applicant will manage and oversee all operations of the Youth Development Phase, work with the coaches within this Phase to plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in accordance with the Club Philosophy, Coaching Plan and Coach Competency Framework.
• Overseeing the development players in the U12 to U16 age groups, guiding them through the part-time and hybrid training models and preparing them for transition to the full-time Professional Development Phase.
• Managing a group of part-time coaches and ensuring adherence to the Academy philosophy and coaching curriculum.
•Ensuring each player in the Youth Development Phase has an individual learning plan that is monitored and periodically reviewed.
• Being familiar with all Academy policies and procedures.
• Working as part of an interdisciplinary approach to player development as per the Academy Performance Plan.
• Being fully conversant with the PMA System, ensuring all player records, session planning and administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• To enforce the player and parent Code of Conduct.
• The job holder may also be required to carry out other duties assigned by the Academy Manager as may be time to time reasonably required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
The successful candidate will require the following Qualifications:
• UEFA A Coaching Licence;
• FA Youth Award (Modules 1, 2 and 3);
• FA Advanced Youth Award with age-specific specialist element relevant to the Youth Development Phase;
• Member of FA Licence Club (current and up to date including CPD hours) and Attributes:
• Experience of working within the EPPP framework;
• Experience of coaching at Academy Level;
• FA Safeguarding certification;
• Children Certificate;
• Up-to-date and clear Disclosure & Barring Service Certificate (DBS)
• Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) Certificate;
Full time flexible week and as the role/AcademyManager requires.
Due to the nature of the business, thepost holder will be expected to be flexible with regards to working hours which will include some evenings, Saturday and Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Dependant on Experience and Qualifications
Please note that this is a vital position within the Academy Department at Walsall FC and will require total commitment to the role.
All applicants under EPPP guidelines must hold the criteria stated in the Job Description. If you do not meet the criteria, please do not apply for this role.
Walsall FC is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable. Our Recruitment and Selection Policy, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Right to work in UK Policy are available to all applicants on request.
This Role is subject to full enhanced DBS check.
If you are keen to undertake a new challenge please e-mail a copy of your CV outlining your current salary to email@example.com Academy Manager