An opportunity to join the Saddlers...
Walsall Football Club
£22 - £26000 per annum based on experience
Permanent (full time)
May 1st 2017
- Walsall FC are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed physiotherapist, to undertake a full time role as Head of Academy Football Science and Medicine.
- The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within elite sport and have a keen interest in evidence based, preparation, performance and recovery strategies involving the adolescent footballer.
- A clear understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) ideally at category 3 or above is required, coupled with the prevention and the treatment and management of injuries within all academy age groups.
- Reporting to the Academy Manager and working closely with the club’s sports science, medical and coaching staff, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual to gain invaluable experience in several specialist areas.
- A structured and mentored CPD pathway is included with an emphasis on a team ethos and collective drive to achieve our individual goals.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and management skills and will use their personality to promote excellence and equality throughout the academy and club as a whole.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Full membership of the CSP and registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- AREA or IFAS as a minimum. Qualifications/Training (Desirable)
- MSc in Strength & Conditioning (courses to be completed by the latest summer 2017 will be accepted)
- Membership of the ACPSEM (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
- UKSCA accreditation (or working towards accreditation)
- MSc in Sports science (or a related subject)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- At least 2 years post graduate experience BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Experience working within Elite sport and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of football specific software (Benchmark 54) in the keeping and management of players medical records and training data.
- The successful applicant will be expected to live within a 45 minute location of the main stadium and have a full driving licence.
- This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the successful candidate will be required to undertake FA safeguarding and other relevant courses.
- Walsall FC is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply:
Please send a single page cover letter along with your CV of no more than two sides FAO the Walsall FC first-team manager Jon Whitney.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org