An exciting opportunity within the club's medical department...Job Title: Part-Time Academy Physiotherapist/Sport Therapist
Organisation: Walsall FC Academy
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Hours of work: 2 evenings a week and every Sunday
Closing date: 26th September 2016
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the medical department of Walsall Football Club Academy to gain valuable experience of working with footballers in an elite sporting environment.
Working two evenings a week and Sunday mornings, the successful candidate will diagnose, treat and manage the rehabilitation process of injured YDP (u13-16) players, in addition to providing first aid cover for all academy home games.
The normal place of work is at the Walsall FC, Banks’s Stadium.
We are looking for pro-active individuals with a keen interest of working in sport, who are up to date with current literature, who understand their scope of practice and who seek to develop their skills.
There will be opportunities for internal CPD, shadowing and clinical practice feedback, meaning this job is perfect for a candidate with a keen interest of working in sport.
• Completed BSc in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or relevant degree
• Be registered with the CSP and HCPC (physiotherapists)
• Have excellent communication skills
• Keen interest to work in a sporting environment
• Be able to work well in a team
• Reliable and committed to working unsociable hours
• Previous experience of working within a sporting environment
• FA IFAS (Intermediate First Aid for Sport) qualification or other pitch side first aid qualification
• Have an understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To lead the treatment and rehabilitation programs for YDP Academy (U13 – U16) players two evenings a week
- Provide pitch side first aid cover for all academy home games every Sunday
- Maintain high quality notes on PMA (medical notes system)
- To work closely with the other medical staff, Academy Manager and coaches to keep them fully informed on the treatments, rehabilitation programs and fitness of players
- To analyse and review the treatment and management of injury programs on a regular basis in order to meet specific player and squad needs
- Attend Coaching Staff Meetings as scheduled
- Attend FDP and YDP (Academy) home games as first line physiotherapist
Walsall Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a DBS disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of ALL cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, whether “spent” or “unspent”. Criminal convictions will only be taken into account when they are relevant to the post. Subject to DBS.(CRB).
How to apply?
Please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org