An exciting opportunity to join the club as our Academy Manager...Job Title: Academy Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: The Banks’s Stadium, Walsall FC, Bescot Crescent, Walsall, WS1 4SA
Reporting to: Board of Directors
Contractual Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: Standard working week of a minimum of 40 hours, excluding meal breaks of half an hour daily. In addition, you may be required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings, weekends and on bank holidays and on public holidays for match days and other business events. Not suitable for job share.
Walsall Football Club are looking to recruit a highly skilled, qualified and experienced Academy Manager who will be responsible for the management and direction of the club’s EPPP Academy designed to support and develop talented players into the first team and to co-ordinate and manage the Academy Programme - the role will also support with coaching the U18 Scholars.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Guiding the development of Walsall Football Club’s Playing Philosophy, Coaching Philosophy and Coaching/Fixtures Programme Formulating/updating an Academy Performance Plan, working with Lead Professional Development Phase Coach, Head of Academy Coaching, Youth Development Phase Lead Coach, Foundation Phase Lead Coach and other support staff.
• Overall monitoring, managing, developing and implementation of the Academy coaching/fixtures programme in line with EPPP requirements and Academy Performance Plan working with Lead Professional Development Phase Coach, Head of Academy Coaching, Youth Development Phase Coach, Foundation Phase Lead Coach and other support staff.
• Advising the Academy Technical Board on progress of the Academy as a whole (U9’s through to Scholars) and ensuring the effective use by all appropriate Academy Staff of the Performance Management Application and the Audit Tool, ensuring all relevant data is recorded thereon to allow effective monitoring of all Academy operations
• Conducting an annual self-assessment of the Academy in accordance with EPPP rules and requirements Providing all necessary assistance to the league in connection with its ongoing monitoring and annual evaluations of the Academy and to the ISO in connection with the ISO audits as well as ensuring that all Academy Staff are undertaking relevant continual professional development working.
• Line manage Lead Foundation Phase Coach, Lead Youth Development Phase Coach, Lead Professional Development Phase Coach, Head of Academy Coaching, Education & Welfare Officer and Academy Secretary.
• In conjunction with the Company’s CEO, management of Academy and organising monthly YDP meetings to monitor expenditure and deliver mid-year and yearly financial reports on all aspects of finance to the Football League to co-ordinate and monitor Academy expenditure
• Attend annual meetings for gathering updates and reports from the FA and FL and local regional bodies as required
• Ensure clear professional communication is in place with all stakeholders including facilities, schools, clubs, players and parents Ensure all policies and procedures are in place across all areas of the Academy including Health & Safety, Risk Assessment, Safeguarding Ensure the necessary facility usage agreements are in place with third party facilities for the effective delivery of the Academy Performance Plan/Academy coaching/fixtures programme
• Ensure the recruitment, management and monitoring of a coaching and support staff work force to enable the effective delivery of the Academy Performance Plan/Academy coaching/fixtures programme Prepare and co-ordinate weekly itineraries for full-time staff within the academy and carry out regular Academy staff appraisal.
• Ensure a robust recruitment infrastructure is in place for the recruitment of players into the Academy at all age groups
• Oversee the administration of the Football League games programme to ensure efficient communication with other participating Clubs on a weekly basis to arrange fixtures and details as necessary
• Academy Managers Licence, UEFA ‘A’ Licence, Safe Guarding certificate, Emergency Aid certificate, FA Advanced Youth Award.
• Full driving licence, Enhanced DBS Disclosure. • Experience of managing an EPPP Academy at a professional football club under EPPP regulations and experience of managing staff, budgets and partnerships is desired
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com with the subject header ‘Academy Manager Job’.