An exciting opportunity to join the medical department at the club...Job Title: Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Salary: to be discussed at interview
Reports to: Head of Academy Sport Science and Medicine
Accountable to: Head of Sport Science and Medicine & Academy Manager
• Walsall Football Club, Banks Stadium, Besot Crescent, Walsall, WS1 4SA.
• You will be expected to travel as is deemed necessary by WFC to fulfil your job requirements.
Hours of work:
• A minimum of 37.5 hours per week
• Flexibility in this role is essential – ability to work irregular and unsocial hours as required. Work may be subject to change with less than 24 hours notice on occasions.
• Work will regularly be outside ‘normal’ working hours, in evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen in Walsall FC's Academy. Walsall Football Club is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic Physiotherapist to compliment our Academy Medical Department
• Lead the provision of physiotherapy services to all players in the U18 squad
• Provide physiotherapy match day cover and advanced medical care for all U18 squad fixtures and other academy games when required
• Oversee the Academy therapists in the assessment and rehabilitation of injured schoolboy players (U9-16s). • Assist the 1st Team Head of Medical Department at all reserve team fixtures
• Play an active role within the pre-signing medical of all Academy scholar players, liaising closely with the Academy Doctor and 1st Team physiotherapists
• Accompany players to medical consultations at short notice, ensuring the player receives optimal care and advice at all times
• Assist the Head of Academy Sport Science and Medical Department in reviewing and updating the Academy Performance Plan to maintain EPPP category three status.
• Manage all injury notes on the PMA system.
• BSc Hons Physiotherapy
• HPC registered
• CSP registered
• Full UK driving license and car
• Advanced pitch side first aid qualification (IFAS)
How to apply?
Send your CV and A4 Covering Letter to email@example.com
5pm on Friday 25th November