Exciting opportunity to join the clubs Academy...WALSALL Football Club are looking to recruit a Full Time Academy Lead Foundation Phase coach / Head of Talent Identification and Recruitment Foundation Phase.
The Role This is a management position overseeing all operations of the Foundation phase at Walsall FC Academy (U9 to U12). The Lead Foundation phase coach is responsible for shaping the future direction of the foundation phase staff and players. This person must have a modern approach to development and be forward thinking in their long term strategy for the Academy. This role requires someone with a clear passion for the long term development of young talented football players, creating a pathway into the first team at Walsall FC. Due to the nature of the Academy, this role includes working weekends and evenings.
Main Roles and Responsibilities • Drawing up of and implementation and management of Academy Performance Plan.
• Manage the Academy programme and oversee the day to day running of the Foundation phase
• Manage all Foundation phase staff. • Oversee the Academy coaching programme from U9 to U12.
• The design, implementation and management of the Academy’s coaching curriculum.
• Ensuring the Academy is continually achieving the levels required to retain its category status within the EPPP guidelines.
• Responsible for - Accumulation and monitoring of external player performance data for the Academy Talent
• Identification and Recruitment department using the Performance Management Application (PMA).
• Implementing and maintaining the Premier League’s ‘Elite Player Performance Plan’ (EPPP) rules and regulations for the Academy Talent Identification and Recruitment department.
• Ensure accurate data recording of the recruitment operation is maintained using the PMA.
• Multi-disciplinary communication to ensure the recruitment strategy is aligned with the specific requirements of each Academy department.
• Organisation, Tournaments / Festivals
• The organisation, management and delivery of the Club’s policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain the local and regional scouting network for the Foundation development Phase.
• Facilitate the trialist process within the Foundation development Phase.
• Recruitment of Academy players.
• Work closely with all staff and players and parents.
Essential Qualifications • UEFA A Licence (Advantageous)
• UEFA B Licence
• FA Youth Award (modules 1-3)
• FA Advanced Youth Award (Advantageous)
• FA Safeguarding qualification
• FA First Aid qualification
• Previous experience of Management within an elite sports environment ( Desirable )
• A comprehensive understanding of the EPPP
• FA Coach Education qualification (Advantageous)
• Enhanced DBS clearance
• An FA Talent Identification qualification. ( Desirable )
• Clean driving licence
Desirable Attributes • Strong leadership and management skills
• Some experience with the Premier League PMA system
• A good understanding of coaching and coach development
• Experience in talent identification and recruitment of players • An understanding of sports science and medicine
• A good level of computer literacy and experience recording and reporting information
• Experience dealing with minors
• An understanding of the Football League rules and regulations.
• A forward thinking individual with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
• Computer literate.
The position is salaried and will be dependent upon experience. Walsall Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role involves working with children and as such is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (DBS) checks. Clearance through the FACRB system is required before any employee may commence employment. As such this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the post holder applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and your CV for the attention of Neil Woods Walsall fc Academy Manager by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR post to – Walsall FC, Bescot Cresent, Bescot Stadium, Walsall, WS1 4SA.
Closing date: 24th June 2016.