Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


15 March 2016

Walsall beat Fleetwood 2-0 back in November...

Ahead of tonight's match at Fleetwood, we take a look back at the Saddlers' five competitive meetings with the Cod Army.

7th November 2015 – Walsall 2-0 Fleetwood – FA Cup First Round

George Evans scored his third goal in four matches as Walsall overcame Fleetwood to reach the FA Cup second round. The Manchester City loanee fired the Saddlers ahead with a crisp low strike on 20 minutes. Jamille Matt, Nathan Pond and Declan McManus each went close for Fleetwood, but Anthony Forde made sure of the win with a delightful curling finish in the second minute of added time.

11th April 2015 – Walsall 1-0 Fleetwood - League One
Fit-again striker Tom Bradshaw scored his 17th goal of the season to ease Walsall’s relegation fears. The former Shrewsbury man settled a tight affair when he fired home from a tight angle with four minutes remaining. It was the Saddlers’ first goal in over seven hours of football and sealed our first win in eight matches. The result lifted Walsall up to 15th in League One, four points clear of the drop zone.

22nd November 2014 – Fleetwood 0-1 Walsall – League One
Romaine Sawyers’ first-half strike gave Walsall a hard-fought victory and ended Fleetwood’s nine-month unbeaten home run. The talented playmaker secured the Saddlers’ third win in four league fixtures, when he fired a powerful low shot past home keeper Chris Maxwell on 35 minutes. Martin Paterson twice went close for Fleetwood, but Walsall held on to climb up to 14th.

16th November 2010 - Walsall 2-0 Fleetwood – FA Cup First Round Replay
Reuben Reid’s second-half double booked Walsall’s place in round two. Home stopper Jimmy Walker thwarted Fleetwood in the opening period, producing excellent stops to deny Anthony Barry, Gareth Seddon and John Miles. Reid converted Alex Nicholls’ cross to put the Saddlers ahead on 58 minutes, and he then wrapped up the victory in the third minute of added time.

6th November 2010 – Fleetwood 1-1 Walsall – FA Cup First Round
The first-ever competitive meeting between Walsall and Fleetwood finished all square. The Saddlers took a fourth-minute lead when Matt Richards arrowed a fine left-footed shot into the bottom corner. Town’s Steve McNulty missed a penalty but Walsall were reduced to ten men when Ian Craney was sent off. Jamie Mullan equalised five minutes into the second half and only a succession of fine saves from visiting keeper Jimmy Walker denied Fleetwood victory.

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match