Useful information from London Midland if you plan to travel to Wembley by train...WALSALL fans traveling to Wembley Stadium for the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy Final on Sunday, March 22nd are advised to note the following rail travel advice from London Midland:
• London Midland train services departing from Rugeley Trent Valley/Walsall for Birmingham on the Sunday morning will be extremely busy. Plan ahead and allow plenty of time for your journey in case you need to wait for the next service.
• Only a small number of London Midland services departing from Birmingham New Street will call directly at Wembley. Due to platform restrictions, these trains will only be four carriages long, so we expect them to be very busy.
• Fans are advised to use London Midland services which are making additional scheduled stops at Harrow and Wealdstone station. Here you can make an easy connection to Wembley Central using London Underground and London Overground rail services.
• London Midland services calling at Harrow and Wealdstone station will be eight or 12 carriages long. We recommend that fans use these services as they will be less crowded.
• The 09.14, 10.14 and 12.14 direct services from Birmingham New Street to Harrow and Wealdstone station will all convey eight coaches from Birmingham New Street, with the 09.14 adding a further four coaches at Northampton. The 11.14 will have four coaches from Birmingham New Street, adding another four at Northampton.
• A queuing system will be in operation at Wembley Central station for fans travelling home after the match. Alternative travel via London Underground and London Overground services to Harrow and Wealdstone station, where you can change onto London Midland services for Birmingham New Street is recommended.
• After the game, the 17.46, 18.46, 19.46 & 20.46 direct services from Harrow & Wealdstone to Birmingham New Street will all have 12 coaches between Harrow and Wealdstone and Northampton. These services will reduce to four coaches from Northampton to Birmingham New Street.