Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports


2 November 2013


THE SADDLERS arrived at MK Dons looking to continue our recent good form at this impressive venue.

There was a lively start to the game with both sides looking to pass the ball at every opportunity. The home side had a couple of early openings, hitting the side-netting in one of their forays forward.

Some slick passing by The Saddlers just before the 20-minute mark saw Sam Mantom break through only to be denied by a block from the home 'keeper.

With Adam Chambers off the field receiving treatment, the home side went close as Patrick Bamford fired over.

Both teams cancelling each other out as the first half went on and it was no real surprise that it ended goalless at half-time.

HALF-TIME: MK Dons 0 Walsall 0

Some good defending by Andy Taylor denies The Dons as they launch an early raid. Then a home corner is well punch clear by O'Donnell as MK Dons start then half with purpose.

A foul by Adam Chambers saw the home side win a free-kick on then edge of the area which Shaun Williams placed just wide of the target.

On 62 minutes, Featherstone was replaced by Romaine Sawyers.

Two minutes later and Adam Chambers was adjudged to have fouled Bamford to give the home side another free-kick in a promising position which Williams guided into the net to make it 1-0.

In the wake of the goal there were appeals for a penalty for The Dons as Izale McLeod went down, but the referee is unimpressed.

A tricky burst by James Baxendale saw the ball land at the feet of Mantom whose powerful drive flashed wide.

It was time for Milan Lalkovic to replace Hemmings shortly afterwards.

A neat through-ball from Taylor sees Mantom just caught offside, before a neat move ended with Westcarr firing over as The Saddlers chased a leveller.

After Mantom fed Lalkovic, he cut inside to see his strike deflected wide as Walsall caused problems from the resulting corner with Butler denied.

Troy Hewitt on for Baxendale with time running out.

With The Saddlers finishing the stronger, the home side launched a late counter-attack which O'Donnell was alert to as he cleared long...

The Saddlers had the ball in the net but the referee had already blown for a foul in the build-up.

In the end it was not to be as the home side nicked it.

FULL-TIME: MK Dons 1 Walsall 0

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match