Vacancy for full-time Academy Physiotherapist...Role: ACADEMY PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Contract type: Full-time
Closing date: 18/8/2013
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full-timer physiotherapist to lead the medical and sports science provision to the Walsall Football Club Academy.
With specific responsibility for the scholars, aged 16-18 years, the successful applicant will be required to oversee all aspects of the medical care and injury prevention strategies of our young players.
The role will also require the successful applicant to oversee the medical provision for the academy players aged 9-16 years and ensure there is adequate support for part-time medical staff in their roles.
We have a philosophy at the club which is based on a strong work ethic and a desire to develop both as an individual and as part of a group. You will need to be an innovative, enthusiastic person with excellent communication skills and be able to cope with the demands of medical provision within elite sport.
The role will include:
- The treatment and management of all injuries involving the 16-18 year-old scholars;
- competence in the rehabilitation phases from acute through to late functional stage and then return to play;
- Involvement in the provision of comprehensive medical screening;
- Provision of First Aid cover for matches and training, including reserve team games;
- Providing cover and assistance to the first-team physiotherapist during both match and training days;
- Help design and implement injury prevention strategies throughout the Academy and set up and supervise weekly pre-habilitation sessions based on first-team protocols;
- Manage the running and upkeep of two new training facilities within the Academy Person Specification.
- Possess a degree in physiotherapy, current HPC registration and CSP membership;
- Possess a valid First Aid qualification;
- Have experience of, or a strong desire to, work with young footballers;
- Be willing to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Be highly organised, reliable, self-motivated and proactive;
- Be capable of managing and organising part-time therapists;
- Have the ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of up-to-date evidence-based practice;
- Be willing to actively participate in department in-service training;
- Possess basic IT skills;
- Have awareness of legislation related to Safeguarding Children, undergo a CRB and attend an FA Child Protection Course;
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have their own transport;
- Have the ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
An applicant with a keen interest in Strength and Conditioning is desirable and the successful individual will be offered a CPD package to gain UKSCA accreditation.
The successful applicant will be required to live within a 25-mile radius of the main stadium. Employment package and salary will be discussed at the interview stage of the process.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Jon Whitney via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will commence in the week beginning Monday, August 19th 2013. We will be in touch once we have reviewed the position.