Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

11 February 2020 Venue Rodney Parade Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match report: Newport County 0-0 Walsall

11 February 2020

The Saddlers made to two games unbeaten on the road in the league with a hard-earned point against Newport County on a bitterly cold evening in South Wales.

In a match that was starved of chances, it was Darrell Clarke who probably walked away the more frustrated of the two managers as his side carved the best openings in the game.

Just over a minute into the game and the home side went close as a cross from the left was swung into the back post where Ryan Inniss was left unmarked but his downward header was wide of Liam Roberts’ right post.

Five minutes later and the very lively Cameron Pring beat Daniel Leadbitter down the left before bursting into the box but his low cross evaded everyone and was eventually cleared by the home side.

The two chances in the opening six minutes were the culmination of a stop-start first half where neither side were able to really get a foothold in the game. 

Early in the second half and the home side came flying out the blocks with three chances in the space of five minutes.

Jordan Green has two chances which were well saved by Roberts and deadline day signing Otis Khan tried his luck from the edge of the area but again, Roberts was equal to it.

In the 67th minute, the home side delivered a dangerous free-kick to the back post and Jamille Matt looked certain to head home but Roberts put out a big left hand to claw the ball away from his head and keep the scores level.

With a little over 15 minutes to go in the second half, Matt went close for the home side as Green crossed into a dangerous area but his header was just wide of the far post.

Despite the home side throwing the proverbial kitchen sink at the Saddlers in the final stages of the game, Clarke’s side held on to a draw and picked up their fourth point out of a possible six in four days.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match