Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

27 October 2018 Venue Banks's Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Walsall 3-2 Wycombe

27 October 2018

Dean Keates’s side returned to winning ways in League One as they edged past Wycombe Wanderers in an entertaining game.

Goals from Andy Cook, Isaiah Osbourne and an own goal from Dominic Gape ensured Luke Leahy’s own goal and Alex Samuel's penalty rebound counted for nothing in the visitors' favour. 

Early in the game, it was the Saddlers who had the majority of the possession but when push came to shove, it was the visitors who calved the first real chance of the game.

Paris Cowes-Hall received the ball on the edge of the box and his first effort was parried out by Liam Roberts. The midfielder then picked up the second ball again on the edge of the box and his second shot was then pushed wide by Roberts, who did well to get down low to his right. 

Then, with 23 minutes on the clock, Craig Mackail-Smith should have opened the scoring at the Banks’s Stadium. 

Akinfenwa nodded the ball back across the box and his strike parter threw himself at the ball but his diving header was wide of the far post. 

It was the visitors who went close again 10 minutes before the break. This time Cowan-Hall went round the outside of Luke Leahy and his effort cannon back off the underside of the bar and the rebound was then cleared. 

Two minutes after that let off and it was the Saddlers who took the lead through Cook. 

Morgan Ferrier, who had been lively throughout, won a free-kick on the left wing. Connor Ronan whipped the ball into the box and Cook was on hand to nod it past Ryan Allsop. 

Into the second half and it took the Saddlers just seven minutes to double their lead. 

Kane Wilson was played in on the right and his initial effort was parried back into his path. He then composed himself and picked out Osbourne who was able to tap it into an empty net.

With 10 minutes left to go the visitors were given a lifeline when Leahy put the ball into his own net. 

As he was tussling with substitute Alex Samuel, Leahy stuck a leg out, thus lifting the ball over Roberts in very bizarre fashion.

Five minutes later and the Saddlers restored their two-goal lead as Wycombe scored an own goal of their own. 

George Dobson drove forward 50-yards with the ball before squaring the ball. Allsop parried the ball into substitute Dominic Gape who could do nothing as the ball cannoned back off him and into the back of the net. 

With two minutes left to play, the Saddlers were made to sweat as the visitors were awarded a penalty as Dobson fouled Fred Onyedinma. 

Up stepped substitute Scott Kashket, only for Liam Roberts to get a strong hand to it but Samuel was on hand put home the rebound. 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match