Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

06 October 2018 Venue Memorial Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League One

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Bristol Rovers 0-1 Walsall

6 October 2018

Walsall kept successive clean sheets for the first time this season as they sneaked a 1-0 win at the Memorial stadium thanks to a 93rd minute winner from Kieron Morris.

It was the Saddlers who started the brighter of the two sides with their first chance coming after just 18 seconds of play. 

Andy Cook battled well in the air to nod the ball on to Morgan Ferrier who beat the offside trap. Having beaten the covering defender, Ferrier drove the ball low across the keeper but Jack Bonham, who went on to be the busier of the two keepers, stopped his side from going behind less than a minute in.

Seven minutes in and the Saddlers had the ball in the net through a Luke Leahy header but it was quickly ruled out by the referee who had seen a foul in the build up to the goal. 

As the game reached the 15 minute mark, it was Bonham again who was called into action. 

From a right-wing corner, Leahy whipped the ball on top of the Rovers keeper, who had to claw the ball off the line, as he continued to frustrate the Saddlers. 

The Walsall bombardment continued through the first half as Leahy, Cook and Jon Guthrie all had chances, which were saved by Bonham. 

In the second half, the Saddlers continued to press the home side, with George Dobson and Liam Kinsella leading the charge from the middle of the park. 

Cook was once again causing the Rovers defence problems but yet again he was denied by Bonham in goal. 

The 27-year-old picked the ball up 25-yards out and his touch and volley looked as though it was flying into the top corner only for Bonham to tip it round the post. 

It was Cook who looked the most likely to open the scoring in the game and with six minutes of normal time left to play he was once again denied by Bonham. 

After working his way round three Rovers defenders, the striker moved the ball onto his left foot, driving the ball low towards the near post but Bonham saved with his feet. 

In the second minute of added time in the second half, Saddlers keeper Liam Roberts pulled off a world class save to keep the scores level. 

Substitute Sam Matthews curled a left-footed free-kick over the Saddlers wall but was denied by a flying Roberts save, with the number one tipping it onto the bar.

As the game entered the last 30 seconds of stoppage time, the Saddlers found the bit of magic that they were looking for as captain Dobson played in substitute Morris who slipped the ball under Bonham to send the travelling fans wild.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match