Job Vacancy: Lead Academy Physiotherapist
Walsall Football Club
£22-24,000 per annum based on experience
Until position is filled.
- Walsall FC are looking to recruit a highly motivated, innovative and committed physiotherapist, to undertake a full-time role as Head of Academy Football Science and Medicine.
- The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within sport and have a keen interest in evidence based, preparation, performance and recovery strategies involving the adolescent footballer.
- A clear understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) ideally at category 3 or above is required, coupled with the prevention and the treatment and management of injuries within all academy age groups.
- Reporting to the Academy Manager and working closely with the club’s sports science, medical and coaching staff, this is an exciting opportunity for an individual to gain invaluable experience in several specialist areas, including U23/Reserve Fixtures involving members of the Professional/Development Squads.
- A structured and mentored CPD pathway is included with an emphasis on a team ethos and collective drive to achieve our individual goals.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and management skills and will use their personality to promote excellence and equality throughout the academy and club as a whole. An ability to make decisions and work independently is vital with the Academy based at a different location to the First Team Squad.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Full membership of the CSP and registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- IFAS/ITMiFF as a minimum requirement
- UKSCA accreditation (or working towards accreditation)
- FA Safeguarding
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Experience working within sport and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience of outdoor rehabilitation and return to play protocols.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- The successful applicant will be expected to live within a 45-minute location of the main stadium and have a full driving licence.
- This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and the successful candidate will be required to undertake FA safeguarding and other relevant courses.
- Walsall FC is an equal opportunities employer.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable):
- At least 2 years post graduate experience BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, ideally with experience of a Professional Football Academy environment.
- Knowledge of the EPPP and PMA software for Academy in keeping and management of players medical records and training data.
How to Apply:
Please send a single page cover letter along with your CV for the attention of Academy Manager to email@example.com